of the moon

of the moon

Thursday 22 November 2012

I want


I want to see life

I want to merry-go-round the world

And taste the cultures of this human race

I want to go into space

and touch a star

The moment it is born,

then leave it scorned and formed.

 

I want to build, I want to break

I want to create, I want to accumulate.

 

I want to speak your tongue

And lick it too.

I’ll offer you the words of mine

And between our lungs,

We will share breaths of empathy

 

I want to give life

to climb this jungle gym, alongside pure innocence

delivered from my dirty flesh.

I want the picket fence

In between a leaf canopy of vines and shrubs

 

I want to start over

I want to sustain

I want to take what I don’t need, and give when don’t have anything.

 

I want the solitary adventure

To share with the self inside of me.

And both of us will unearth an essence

which I will bottle.

 

I want to be the substitute person for a confused soul

I want to be the forbidden fruit of a self-righteous saint

 

I also want to be the only one, for someone.

And I also want to have fun.

 

I want it all in circles and then push it into squares

Until nobody cares...

 

And I want it all in photo frames.


No comments:

Post a Comment