of the moon

of the moon

Wednesday 25 July 2012

a story about hope


One of my best friends Joe told me this story the other day.  A story that I love, that I will forever remember.  A short and sweet little story about hope:

So this guy – let’s call him Johnny, sits at home one day, on his couch, watching tv, when the doorbell rings.  He gets up and quickly walks over to the front door to open it.  When he opens the door, he sees his friend standing in the doorway.  He let’s out a sigh of disappointment and his eyes turn downward.  “What’s wrong” asks his friend, having noticed Johnny’s obvious sad reaction to his arrival.  “I just really hoped that you were the pizza delivery guy”, Johnny replied.  “Oh ok… Well did you order pizza?”  “No”, says Johnny.  “I just hoped”

And that to me, is the meaning of hope.

Thanks Joe

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment