of the moon

of the moon

Wednesday 11 April 2012

being grateful part 2

What I want for this list is to go beyond the generics of things that I am grateful for.  Yes, I have food, water, shelter, a car, at least some money.  And I am really thankful for these things because I do understand that there are plenty of people in this world who lack.  But this list is not about the basics.  What I want to mention here are things that truly warm my heart.  Things that I can medidate on…  as an appreciation of life, this life, my life.

4.            My beautiful baby sister

She was the first friend I made in this world.  There are no words for the love I have for this girl.  She’s 21 years old, beautiful, intelligent, sensitive and so very strong.  She gets me.  She is the only person who truly knows me.  Just being around her calms me, soothes me.  She is my number one person.  The only true love of my life.



5.            The little things

Death enjoyed a scoop of peanut butter and she said that it was adorable.  There are plenty little enjoyable things.  Things that I find comforting.  Warm milk before going to bed chases the nightmares away.  And those little honey mustard lunchbox chicken strips at Woolworths… so nice.  A soft serve ice cream cone on a hot Sunday afternoon.  But of course, nothing beats a glass of dry and a lovely menthol cigarette.  Except maybe hugs.  Mmmm.. I do like hugs.

6.            The physical.

The ice blast that shoots through my body when I jump into a swimmingpool.  The sun burning my right arm as I hold the steering wheel when driving home to visit my parents.  The rhythm of my heartbeat in sync with both my breath and the house beat pumping in my ears when I’m running on the treadmill.  The adrenalin rush of kissing (a really good kisser – very nb) for the first time.  I like kisses too. :)  Physical sensations bring us to life.  <3    

Hey… I’m starting to think that my life could actually be pretty wonderful.  This could really work.  J

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment